DeTox Online - Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DeTox Online - Forums

Guild Information & Resources

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVERYONE needs this....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HeatM1ser

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-02-24

EVERYONE needs this.... Empty
PostSubject: EVERYONE needs this....   EVERYONE needs this.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 am

I just read a post by Roshambo, and wanted to reply to it to point out something he said, but he always locks his psots...so I couldnt reply.

Lately I have been doing alot of Guild instance runs. Sometimes these runs arent easy run, and communication is key! Rather than tak 5-6 seconds to try to type out a message spur of the moment, while still trying to play yoiur character--and survive, ventrilo allows for instant communication without interrupting your play. Also, that instant communication could save the life of one of your party members---especially those healers that keep the party alive in dangerous spots.

The best instance runs I have done were the ones where all 5 of us were on vent. Nobody died because we knew exactly when to pull aggro off someone, or when to back away because we wouldve pulled more mobs, or when to cast a stun spell on that runaway that will pull another 5 creatures.

Perhaps the best way to explain how useful ventrilo is is to explain this:Even if you dont have a mic, you can still log on and listen. We had to choose on the 5th man one day, and it was up between a higher level player without vent, or the lower level player with vent....we went with the lower level who had vent because of how important communication is...that was the most successful instance run I have been on yet.I fel bad for the guy without vent or a mic...but he could've at least downloaded vent to listen, if he couldnt talk. I think most members would agree that, if choosing between 2 players that are similar level, the group would choose the one who was willing to come onto vent. Its that important

Please, even if you dont have a mic---download vent so you can hear whats going on with your party. It makes a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
Roshambo

Roshambo

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2007-02-15

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE needs this....   EVERYONE needs this.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 11:04 am

Heat,
I do not lock my posts, if you look several people have replied to my posts. So I dont know why you are unable to post replies to them.
Back to top Go down
Feist

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE needs this....   EVERYONE needs this.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Roshambo wrote:
Heat,
I do not lock my posts, if you look several people have replied to my posts. So I dont know why you are unable to post replies to them.

The guides forum is not set up to allow general users to post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE needs this....   EVERYONE needs this.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVERYONE needs this....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DeTox Online - Forums :: ALL GUILD MEMBER ACCESS :: Open Guild Forum-
Jump to: